Thursday 9 February 2012

More food


Still feeling well, I had a little twinge of IBS this morning but took a pill and it went right away.

Lovely big salad of falafel and salad leaves, sprouted broccoli and radish with a dressing made of coriander, garlic, red onion, tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil. The best dressing has avocado and chives (instead of the coriander) but Sainsbury's is limited in it's choices.

I made the boys home made burgers with chilli, coriander, garlic and red onion which went down well, I didn't feel I was missing out too much!

They had beer and I had my pure blueberry superjuice and pellegrino, must look for other healthy soft drinks at http://www.realfoods.co.uk/

My favourite lunch at the moment is Dr Karg spelt crackers with lime and coriander hummus, can't wait to get my blender back so I can make my own hummus with lots of anti inflammatory turmeric.

While I remember I need to look for curcumin that a friend told me a member of her family had taken after cancer treatment with amazing results. It is extracted from turmeric and a really incredible spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment