Wednesday 1 February 2012

First Day


So I have known that I have had endometriosis for a long time, around 7 or 8 years. Two major operations and one ovary down and I have never experienced pain with it. Until about a year ago, a pain which has got slowly worse (although I attributed it to my IBS – I have had that for about 6 years) the pain this month was much stronger – and for the first time I realised monthly, so I went searching on the internet to find out how endometriosis pain was described.

I had said to my boyfriend that it felt like someone was grabbing my internal organs and pulling them down, I also had a pain in my lower back and leg at the same time.

This is wikipedia’s explanation of endometriosis pain:

  • a sense of their insides being pulled down
  • Throbbing, gnawing, and dragging pain to the legs
Such Fun!!

Also a huge revelation to me today is the fact that it is accepted that there is a link between endometriosis and IBS - felt like I had been punched in the side of the head when I read that - doctors have said to me before that in no way are they connected. Things are starting to make a little sense.

I found this brilliant site with loads of useful information including dietary and started to read...

Well there is alot that I shouldn't be having - inflammatory foods and lots that I should - anti inflammatory foods so I decided to gently start this today. It seems madness to be eating things that could be making my pain and my endometriosis worse.

This morning I had some strawberries (yuk totally out of season) and cherries but then I read that the soft fruit needs to be organic due to the pesticides on them. I also had some nuts and berries but again I need to make sure that there are no preservatives on the dried berries before I eat.

I had lovely piri piri humous for lunch with a bell pepper, and a sweet potato (one of the AI Gods) with tuna and a yoghurt dip that had cucumber, garlic, lemon and coriander in it. Not too bad at all. I ordered a special endo diet book as I think I may run out of ideas myself with no meat (except occasionally organic) no wheat at all and very limited dairy.

Feeling particularly bad today (had to come home at lunchtime and work from home but fortunately have an understanding boss!)

The picture is what I needed today to feel better, lying down with the dog and watching Borgen!

No comments:

Post a Comment